DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Stampedes tend to happen when huge crowds gather: UP Guv
His statement came hours after he visited Allahabad to meet the victims of the tragedy which claimed 36 lives.
Allahabad: Even as the blame game continues between the UP government and the Railways over responsibility for the stampede at Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh Governor BL Joshi has stoked controversy. He has commented that stampedes do tend to happen when crowds gather.
"When crores of people gather such mistakes can happen. We will rectify this and assure you that such incidents will not take place again," Joshi said.
His statement came hours after he visited Allahabad to meet the victims of the tragedy which claimed 36 lives. The UP chief minister Akhilesh Yadav also met the injured in Allahabad.
The Uttar Pradesh government said it has ordered a probe into the stampede and the enquiry will be completed within the month. A senior state cabinet member, Azam Khan, has already resigned as the head of Kumbh Mela Management Committee.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users