Star India inks 8-year broadcast deal with FIH
Star India will broadcast key FIH events both in India and throughout the world from Jan 2015 to Dec 2022.
New Delhi: Sports broadcaster Star India on Tuesday announced an eight-year broadcast deal with International Hockey Federation (FIH), during which the world sport body will look to host a major event in India each year.
Star India, which runs country's leading sports network Star Sports, will broadcast key FIH events both in India and throughout the world from January 2015 to December 2022.
"STAR India has acquired global media rights for all territories, excluding Argentina. Through its network of international affiliates and other national broadcasters, content will be distributed to over 200 countries, reaching billions of sports fans taking hockey's global viewing audience to unprecedented levels," the company said in a release.
"Our vision is to entertain and inspire a global movement of hockey fans and players and STAR Sports is an industry leader when it comes to significantly increasing the reach and popularity of sport. Not only will STAR Sports promote hockey worldwide between Olympic Games' cycles, which is incredibly important to sustaining interest in hockey, but it will make our sport much more interactive and entertaining," FIH President Leandro Negre said.
Nitin Kukreja, Head of Sports Business, Star India, said: "We are delighted to be FIH's global production, host broadcast and distribution partner. Hockey is a priority sport for us and we are thrilled that India will host one key event every year during the eight-year term. The sport has a glorious heritage in India and we believe that it has a tremendous future."
- Uri Attack: JuD Claims Responsibility For The Terror Assault, Pak Under Pressure
- US Asks Pak to Act Against Terror Groups Who Attack Neighbours
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- India, New Zealand Sign Three Agreements
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton
- Clinton Policy on Syria Would Lead to World War Three: Donald Trump