State committed to rail coach factory
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: The State Govt is committed to the railway coach factory at Palakakd and is ready to provide the land, though ..
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: The State Govt is committed to the railway coach factory at Palakakd and is ready to provide the land, though the state wants the factory to become a reality in joint ownership with the Central Government, Minister Aryadan Mohammed has said.
He was presiding over the pre-budget meeting of MPs from the State on Tuesday in connection with the 2012-13 railway budget.
The recommendations of the meeting would be compiled as the memorandum would be presented to Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi in the second week of February.
The major demands at the meeting included providing `84 crore to the evictees of Sabari rail line, declaring Aluva station as the gateway of Idukki district since the district has no railway line, allocating funds for the Kochi-Madurai railway line, lifting the ban on the sale of tea and food items in trains in Ernakulam, Aluva and Thrissur station limits.
Eleven MPs were present in the meeting held on Tuesday and others had sent their proposals.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology