DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
State government launches toll free number for graft complaints
<p>In a bid to curb corruption in its departments, the Chhattisgarh government has launched a toll free helpline number where people could lodge graft-related complaints against the state government officials.</p>
In a bid to curb corruption in its departments, the Chhattisgarh government has launched a toll free helpline number where people could lodge graft-related complaints against the state government officials.
"The facility will help provide better governance to the people. Now, the people can just dial 1100 to lodge complaints regarding corruption," an official said in Raipur.
The official also appealed that if any government officer or employee demands money for doing their work, the people should immediately register a complaint on the number.
Besides, complaints related to civic problems that include cleanliness, street lights and others can also be lodged through the toll free number, he said.
Directives in this connection had been issued last week, he said.
Meanwhile, Kabidham district's Pandaraiya Nagar Panchayat chief municipal officer Narayan Prasad Khutle, who was caught allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs one lakh from a Shikshakarmi teacher two days back, has been suspended, the official added.
Recommended For You
- Aishwarya, Aaradhya Look Like Real Life Princesses In This Recent Photo
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Champions Trophy 2017: India - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish