Statewide raids on Amway Offices
Cops raided the Amway offices in 3 districts of Kerala, including Kochi, as part of money-chain fraud investigations...
KOCHI/PALAKKAD/THRISSUR: The police on Saturday conducted raids on the offices of the Amway in Kochi, Palakkad and Thrissur. The raids, conducted under the Prize Chits and Money Regulation Scheme (Banning Act 1978), were part of the inquiry into money chain fraud incidents of which a case has been lodged with the Thrissur police.
Several documents and computers were seized from the Amway offices in all the three districts. The team also inspected the stock position, customer ledger and the bank accounts of the Palakkad office of the company.
The police team led by Chalakkudy DySP has sealed the Amway office at East Fort in Thrissur after the raids. A case has been registered against the company. The raids at Kochi were conducted jointly by the Thrissur and the Wayanad police.
Meanwhile, Mithun Vinod, photographer of 'Thejas Daily', was detained by the Amway staff at their office building at Vytilla in Kochi for taking pictures of the office.
His camera and baggage were seized by the staff. He was released only after the photographers of other media organisations protested.
Recommended For You
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song