Minorities object to DU principal appointment
NCMEI says the appointment of Rev Thampu is illegal and arbitrary.
New Delhi: The appointment of Rev Valson Thampu as acting Principal of St Stephen's college is completely illegal and arbitrary, says the National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions (NCMEI).
The NCMEI, hearing a petition challenging Thampu's appointment, has said that it cannot remain a mute spectator to what it called the college's mal-administration.
It has asked the Delhi University to take corrective measure by appointing a regular principal immediately.
The commission also directed the DU to ensure that a new principal will have the required qualifications.
At the time of appointment last year, Thampu did not possess a PhD degree, a prerequisite for being appointed as principal of a Delhi University college. But he recently acquired one, in Theology, raising many an eyebrow.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- Supreme Court Set To Revisit 'Hindutva' Judgment After 20 Years
- Gauhar Khan Joins Badrinath Ki Dulhania Cast
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18