DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Minorities object to DU principal appointment
NCMEI says the appointment of Rev Thampu is illegal and arbitrary.
New Delhi: The appointment of Rev Valson Thampu as acting Principal of St Stephen's college is completely illegal and arbitrary, says the National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions (NCMEI).
The NCMEI, hearing a petition challenging Thampu's appointment, has said that it cannot remain a mute spectator to what it called the college's mal-administration.
It has asked the Delhi University to take corrective measure by appointing a regular principal immediately.
The commission also directed the DU to ensure that a new principal will have the required qualifications.
At the time of appointment last year, Thampu did not possess a PhD degree, a prerequisite for being appointed as principal of a Delhi University college. But he recently acquired one, in Theology, raising many an eyebrow.
- acting principal
- delhi university
- National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions
- Reverand Stephen Valson Thampu
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Morris Sends Back Buttler
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings