Stephens advances to Australian Open quarter-finals
Sloane Stephens advanced to the quarter-finals of the Australian Open with a 6-1, 3-6, 7-5 win over Bojana Jovanovski.
Melbourne: Sloane Stephens advanced to the quarter-finals of the Australian Open with a 6-1, 3-6, 7-5 win Monday over Bojana Jovanovski of Serbia.
The 19-year-old American is into the quarter-finals at a major for the first time. In the third set featuring five breaks of serve, Stephens broke at love in the 12th game and then held serve in the final game to close out the match in 1 hour, 53 minutes.
The 29th-seeded Stephens could face third-seeded Serena Williams, one of her childhood heroes, in her next match.
The 15-time Grand Slam winner was playing No. 14-ranked Maria Kirilenko in a fourth-round match later Monday at Rod Laver Arena.
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Government Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan Keeps Her Look Casual For Her Recent Public Appearance