DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Stephens advances to Australian Open quarter-finals
Sloane Stephens advanced to the quarter-finals of the Australian Open with a 6-1, 3-6, 7-5 win over Bojana Jovanovski.
Melbourne: Sloane Stephens advanced to the quarter-finals of the Australian Open with a 6-1, 3-6, 7-5 win Monday over Bojana Jovanovski of Serbia.
The 19-year-old American is into the quarter-finals at a major for the first time. In the third set featuring five breaks of serve, Stephens broke at love in the 12th game and then held serve in the final game to close out the match in 1 hour, 53 minutes.
The 29th-seeded Stephens could face third-seeded Serena Williams, one of her childhood heroes, in her next match.
The 15-time Grand Slam winner was playing No. 14-ranked Maria Kirilenko in a fourth-round match later Monday at Rod Laver Arena.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- GoT 7 Promises 'A Great War' Within and Outside The Wall
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- 1st ODI: Morgan Slams Ton As England Crush South Africa