Steps Taken by Banks to Ease Pay Day Rush: 10 Things To Know
Representative image (Photo Credit: PTI)
New Delhi: To meet the month-end demand of lakhs of salaried employees and pensioners in the country, both private and government-owned banks in the country have taken several steps. Here are the updates:
- 39,000 ATMs of the State Bank of India in the country have been recalibrated keeping in view the demand for cash.
- Banks have been asked to open additional counters. Cash arrangement requirements are in place with respect to the salaried accounts, said SBI sources.
- Bank branches which have salary accounts or pension accounts will be provided with 20-30 percent extra cash in comparison to daily requirements, said government sources.
- Adequate manpower is being provided to banks that maintain both salary and pension accounts.
- Special camps for opening new accounts are being set up to help new employees.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will step up supply of cash to different banks till December 7th to meet pay day demands.
- RBI will step up liquidity push from Wednesday evening: Govt sources
- To beat the imminent cash crunch, several banks are setting internal daily cash withdrawal limits per account.
- According to reports, banks have also suggested large companies that they should give prepaid payment cards to their employees in lieu of cash
- Army choppers have been deployed to deliver currency in metros.
Recommended For You
- EXCLUSIVE PICTURESSourav Ganguly - Dada of Gully Cricket
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- Legal TroubleBigg Boss 10: Omji Maharaj Out of the House, To Appear Before Delhi Court
- Can't MissJolly LLB 2 First Look: Akshay Kumar is a 'Jolly Good' Middle Class Man
- Snapped!Virat-Anushka Are All Smiles As They Head Back From Yuvraj-Hazel Wedding