Steve Catton named Hockey India League director
Catton had been the European Hockey and Euro Hockey League competitions director from 2005- 11.
New Delhi: Hockey India (HI) on Wednesday appointed Steve Catton as competitions director for the six-team Hockey India League (HIL) that is slated to be held from January 5 to February 3, 2013. HI secretary-general Narinder Batra, who is also the chairman of the Hockey India League (HIL), said the appointment of Catton is an important step towards ensuring that the league is of high quality.
"We are looking to draw from Steve's rich experience as the European Hockey League Competitions Director to make Hockey India League a well-conducted event. Since Steve will work closely with a number of Indian technical officials, we are sure that Hockey India League will create a rich legacy," Batra said.
"He was involved in establishing the English Hockey League back in 1989 and has been European Hockey and Euro Hockey League competitions director from 2005- 11. With that kind of experience, Steve can ensure HIL's inaugural year is memorable."
Catton said he was very excited about the chance to establish Hockey India League as the definitive league event. "There is a terrific opportunity for HIL to become the most sought-after hockey event for players, officials and the entire hockey fraternity. I am delighted to join the HIL team at this important time and be able to build on the enthusiasm and hard work that has already been done," Catton said.
- Donald Trump Vows to Sue Sexual Misconduct Accusers
- Adult Film Star Jessica Drake Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Donald Trump Announces 100-Day Presidency Plan
- Donald Trump's Daughter, Ivanka, to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief