Steve Catton named Hockey India League director
Catton had been the European Hockey and Euro Hockey League competitions director from 2005- 11.
New Delhi: Hockey India (HI) on Wednesday appointed Steve Catton as competitions director for the six-team Hockey India League (HIL) that is slated to be held from January 5 to February 3, 2013. HI secretary-general Narinder Batra, who is also the chairman of the Hockey India League (HIL), said the appointment of Catton is an important step towards ensuring that the league is of high quality.
"We are looking to draw from Steve's rich experience as the European Hockey League Competitions Director to make Hockey India League a well-conducted event. Since Steve will work closely with a number of Indian technical officials, we are sure that Hockey India League will create a rich legacy," Batra said.
"He was involved in establishing the English Hockey League back in 1989 and has been European Hockey and Euro Hockey League competitions director from 2005- 11. With that kind of experience, Steve can ensure HIL's inaugural year is memorable."
Catton said he was very excited about the chance to establish Hockey India League as the definitive league event. "There is a terrific opportunity for HIL to become the most sought-after hockey event for players, officials and the entire hockey fraternity. I am delighted to join the HIL team at this important time and be able to build on the enthusiasm and hard work that has already been done," Catton said.
Recommended For You
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One of the Season
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game