DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Stosur stunned by Zheng Jie in second round
The Aussie went down 6-4, 1-6, 7-5 after making nine double-faults and 56 unforced errors.
Melbourne: Samantha Stosur's poor performance at home continued Wednesday when the 2011 US Open champion served twice for the match but couldn't beat China's Zheng Jie over three sets at the Australian Open.
Zheng beat Stosur 6-4, 1-6, 7-5, breaking Stosur's serve in the deciding game when the Australian double-faulted on match point.
Stosur, who had nine double-faults and 56 unforced errors, has spoken of her difficulty in playing before her home Australian crowds.
She has never gone beyond the fourth round at her home Grand Slam, lost in the first round last year and also lost in her first matches at warm-up tournaments this year in Brisbane and Sydney.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Video - One-off Rolls-Royce ‘Sweptail’ Bespoke Revealed
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- Champions Trophy: Kohli Interacts With Security Personnel in London
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan