Stosur stunned by Zheng Jie in second round
The Aussie went down 6-4, 1-6, 7-5 after making nine double-faults and 56 unforced errors.
Melbourne: Samantha Stosur's poor performance at home continued Wednesday when the 2011 US Open champion served twice for the match but couldn't beat China's Zheng Jie over three sets at the Australian Open.
Zheng beat Stosur 6-4, 1-6, 7-5, breaking Stosur's serve in the deciding game when the Australian double-faulted on match point.
Stosur, who had nine double-faults and 56 unforced errors, has spoken of her difficulty in playing before her home Australian crowds.
She has never gone beyond the fourth round at her home Grand Slam, lost in the first round last year and also lost in her first matches at warm-up tournaments this year in Brisbane and Sydney.
- Hillary Vs Trump: US Dollar Declines Before Presidential Debate
- US Presidential Candidates Neck and Neck as They Go Toe-To-Toe
- Debate Night: Clinton, Trump Set For High-Stakes Showdown
- Indus Waters Treaty: India to Use Water as Weapon to Fight Pakistan
- Indus Water Treaty: Blood and Water Cannot Flow Together Says PM Modi
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ajit Doval, Jaishankar Attend Indus Waters Treaty Meet Chaired by PM Modi