Stray dog gatecrashes India's Formula One party
The black dog ran around on the track before being chased away by officials in a safety car.
Greater Noida: A stray dog spoiled India's grand entry into the world of Formula One when it halted the first practice session at the newly-constructed Buddh International Circuit for five minutes here on Friday.
The black dog ran around on the track before being chased away by officials in a safety car, making for an embarrassing scene ahead of the inaugural Indian Grand Prix on Sunday.
It wasn't the first organisational glitch to hit the event. On Thursday, Williams' driver Rubens Barrichello's press conference was interrupted by a power cut.
On Friday, the dog strayed onto the track after Force India's Adrian Sutil outmanoeuvred Team Lotus' Karun Chandhok, who lost out on a race seat as his outfit decided to stick with regular driver Jarno Trulli, while coming out of the pit lane.
The proceedings were stopped for five minutes after that.
There was another minor glitch when a bat flew into the media centre before being chased away.
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Salman Khan Dropped as Thums Up Ambassador by Coca Cola
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18