Stray dog gatecrashes India's Formula One party
The black dog ran around on the track before being chased away by officials in a safety car.
Greater Noida: A stray dog spoiled India's grand entry into the world of Formula One when it halted the first practice session at the newly-constructed Buddh International Circuit for five minutes here on Friday.
The black dog ran around on the track before being chased away by officials in a safety car, making for an embarrassing scene ahead of the inaugural Indian Grand Prix on Sunday.
It wasn't the first organisational glitch to hit the event. On Thursday, Williams' driver Rubens Barrichello's press conference was interrupted by a power cut.
On Friday, the dog strayed onto the track after Force India's Adrian Sutil outmanoeuvred Team Lotus' Karun Chandhok, who lost out on a race seat as his outfit decided to stick with regular driver Jarno Trulli, while coming out of the pit lane.
The proceedings were stopped for five minutes after that.
There was another minor glitch when a bat flew into the media centre before being chased away.
Recommended For You
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion