Streaker tries to disrupt Olympic torch relay
Police arrested a naked man who streaked past crowds just before former Olympian Steve Redgrave was to handle the Olympic torch.
London: Police arrested a naked man who streaked past crowds just before former Olympian Steve Redgrave was to handle the Olympic torch.
Thames Valley Police say they arrested the 27-year-old man on suspicion of outraging public decency. The incident took place on Tuesday in Henley, some 35 miles (55 kilometers) to the west of London.
Redgrave was setting off on a boat in the River Thames as the flame makes its 8,000 mile (12,875 kilometer) journey ahead of the Olympics, which take place from July 27 to August 12.
Police have warned spectators to stay away from the flame as it travels across Britain and Ireland, and incidents of people interfering with its journey have been rare so far.
Athletics legend Roger Bannister began the relay, carrying the flame at the Oxford track where he became the first man to run a mile in less than four minutes in 1954.
Recommended For You
- FROM THE CRICKETWALLAHVirat Kohli: The Captain With The Midas Touch?
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review With Video: Best Android Phone Under Rs 10,000?
- Ready?Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan To Act Together In Movies Again?
- MONEY MATTERSHow Much Did Eden Hazard Cost Chelsea?
- In MemoriamJayalalithaa Filmography: 10 Musical Hits