Stripped, Hair Chopped Off, Garlanded With Shoes for Stealing Food
A shocking incident took place in Prem Nagar area of Ulhasnagar township where two minor boys were stripped and paraded with garlands of slippers for allegedly stealing a food item from a sweet shop.
(Photo : Reuters/ Representative image.)
Thane: A shocking incident took place in Prem Nagar area of Ulhasnagar township where two minor boys were stripped and paraded with garlands of slippers for allegedly stealing a food item from a sweet shop.
The children, aged 8 and 9 and hailing from different families, went to the neighbourhood shop where they picked up a packet of 'chakli' (a snack) without the owner's permission and ate it. This angered the shop owner, Mehmood Pathan (69), police said.
Mehmood, with the help of his sons, caught hold of the duo and chopped off their hair. Not stopping at that, they allegedly stripped the minors, made them wear garlands of slippers and paraded them on the street as punishment.
Annoyed over the humiliation and mistreatment of the children, their parents, who reside in the same locality, lodged a complaint with the Hill Line police station.
Based on the complaint, Mehmood and his sons Irfan (26) and Salim (22) were arrested around midnight, police said.
The trio was booked under IPC Sections 355 (assault or criminal force with intent to dishonour the person), 500 (defamation) and 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), and also under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, they added.
Recommended For You
- Rolls-Royce Phantom 8th-Generation Launched at Rs 9.50 Crore in India
- Dhoni Abusing Manish Pandey During T20 Match is Now an Internet Meme
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety: Great Entertainer in 'Anti-Women' Genre With No Social Conscience
- Kareena Looks Stunning in a Black Saree as She Attends Bengaluru International Film Festival; See Pics
- Mahira Khan Comes Out in Support of Javed Sheikh Over Kissing Controversy