Strong earthquake jolts northeastern Japan
A strong earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.5 on Saturday jolted northeastern Japan.
Tokyo: Japan's Meteorological Agency said a strong earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.5 on Saturday jolted northeastern Japan, the same region devastated by March's massive quake and tsunami.
There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage from the quake, and no tsunami warning was issued.
The quake was centered 40 kilometres below the sea bed in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Miyagi prefecture in the same area where more than 22,000 people were killed or went missing after the March 11 quake and tsunami.
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Rock On 2 Trailer: Farhan, Shraddha, Arjun All Set to Bring Back Magik
- India vs New Zealand Live: Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series, Regain No.1 Spot
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18