Strong earthquake jolts northeastern Japan
A strong earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.5 on Saturday jolted northeastern Japan.
Tokyo: Japan's Meteorological Agency said a strong earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.5 on Saturday jolted northeastern Japan, the same region devastated by March's massive quake and tsunami.
There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage from the quake, and no tsunami warning was issued.
The quake was centered 40 kilometres below the sea bed in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Miyagi prefecture in the same area where more than 22,000 people were killed or went missing after the March 11 quake and tsunami.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner