Student arrested for threatening BJP MLA from Bapunagar
Jagrupsinh Rajput had received a call last week from an unknown person threatening to kill him, demanding Rs 10 lakh from him.
Ahmedabad: A student has been nabbed from Gurgaon for threatening Jagrupsinh Rajput, the BJP MLA from Bapunagar in Ahmedabad, the police said in Ahmedabad on Sunday. "Mahesh Ambare was arrested from Gurgaon on Saturday. He is a second-year student, originally hailing from Karnataka. He seems to be mentally disturbed and Rajput does not want to go ahead with the case against him," Odhav police inspector MS Sheikh said.
"He had also threatened an MLA from Karnataka. It seems he wanted to make money in this manner. Only after detailed interrogation, a clear picture will emerge," he said. Last week, Rajput had received a call from an unknown person threatening to kill him, demanding Rs 10 lakh from him. Rajput informed Odhav police which tracked down the number of the caller to Gurgaon. Odhav police laid a trap by asking Rajput to attend the calls continuously, besides asking the caller for his bank account details.
The caller gave details of a bank account of a private bank in Bangalore, the police said, adding that when the police contacted the bank manager, he told them that even Bellary police had inquired about details of this bank account holder. Odhav police contacted the Bellary police, which arrested Ambare from Gurgaon on Saturday. Further investigation is on, the police said.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1