Student Of The Year: Protest against the 'Sexy Radha' song
The song terms Radha as 'sexy', which is an insult to the sentiments of Hindus, claims Hindu Janajagruti Samiti.
Panaji: A right wing organisation held demonstrations outside a city multiplex to protest labelling Radha allegedly as 'sexy' in a song from Karan Johar directed film 'Student Of The Year'.
Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) while protesting yesterday demanded that the Censor Board should ban the movie for derogatory reference against Radha in one of its song. The song terms Radha as 'sexy', which is an insult to the sentiments of Hindus who worship Lord Krishna, HJS claimed.
Meanwhile, more than 150 volunteers of HJS also condemned Akshay Kumar starrer 'Oh My God' movie and another flick 'Shudra-The Rising', which according to them hurt religious sentiments.
The HJS demanded that Akshay Kumar should not be called to inaugurate International Film Festival of India this year, beginning from November 20 in Panaji. The organisation has threatened to stage a protest at the film festival venue.
Recommended For You
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw