Sub-inspector murder case: UP Police arrests two men
Sub-inspector Rajendra Prasad Dwivedi was killed in Shankergarh police station area where he had reached upon hearing that a looted car was spotted.
Allahabad: Police on Thursday claimed to have arrested two persons in connection with the killing of a sub-inspector in a remote part of the district last week.
Adesh Yadav and Pawan Malaviya confessed during interrogation that they were inside the car which in-charge of Bara police station Rajendra Prasad Dwivedi was chasing on June 14, a police spokesman said.
Dwivedi was killed in Shankergarh police station area where he had reached upon hearing that a looted car was spotted. While chasing the car, he was fired at by the occupants of the car, which resulted in his death.
The spokesman said the arrested men were involved in a recent murder case in the district. Their gang had planned to loot a bank at Satna in the neighbouring state of Madhya Pradesh and for this purpose, they had looted a car on May 30 last in Shankergarh.
However, on June 14, while the accused were going to the neighbouring state for making plans, they were spotted by Dwivedi who was fired at by their associates - Raja, Ravi and Kallu, the spokesman added.
A search is on for the three persons named by the arrested accused and efforts were being made to trace the stolen car, he said.
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- 1st ODI: Azam, Nawaz Star as Pakistan Thrash West Indies
- US Lawmakers Support India's Counter-Terror Operations in PoK
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water