DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sub-inspector murder case: UP Police arrests two men
Sub-inspector Rajendra Prasad Dwivedi was killed in Shankergarh police station area where he had reached upon hearing that a looted car was spotted.
Allahabad: Police on Thursday claimed to have arrested two persons in connection with the killing of a sub-inspector in a remote part of the district last week.
Adesh Yadav and Pawan Malaviya confessed during interrogation that they were inside the car which in-charge of Bara police station Rajendra Prasad Dwivedi was chasing on June 14, a police spokesman said.
Dwivedi was killed in Shankergarh police station area where he had reached upon hearing that a looted car was spotted. While chasing the car, he was fired at by the occupants of the car, which resulted in his death.
The spokesman said the arrested men were involved in a recent murder case in the district. Their gang had planned to loot a bank at Satna in the neighbouring state of Madhya Pradesh and for this purpose, they had looted a car on May 30 last in Shankergarh.
However, on June 14, while the accused were going to the neighbouring state for making plans, they were spotted by Dwivedi who was fired at by their associates - Raja, Ravi and Kallu, the spokesman added.
A search is on for the three persons named by the arrested accused and efforts were being made to trace the stolen car, he said.
Recommended For You
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa Live Score: De Kock, Amla Come Out in Pursuit of Mammoth Target
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes