Subhash Ghai finds his 'Kaanchi' in Mishti
On his birthday, Subhash Ghai announced that Bengali girl Mishti will play the lead in his film 'Kaanchi'.
New Delhi: On his 67th birthday Thursday, filmmaker Subhash Ghai announced that Bengali girl Mishti will play the lead in his 19th film 'Kaanchi'.
Having discovered talents like Manisha Koirala, Jackie Shroff and Mahima Chowdhary, Ghai admits he was on an "intense struggle" to find his Kaanchi.
"I went on auditioning the most beautiful girls and the talented ones; around 350 girls were auditioned to get the right Kaanchi, the way I had imagined in my script. I found so many beautiful girls with talent but could not find my Kaanchi in them till I saw a picture of Mishti, who is from Kolkata," Ghai said in a statement.
"As I auditioned Mishti, I knew in the very first shot that she was the Kaanchi I was looking for," he added.
The male lead in the film is Kartik Tiwari, who featured in 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama', and is playing the lead in 'Akaash Vani'.
Ghai says: "It is really a tough job to write a good script which promises to be a blockbuster, as well as a great story with great characters, particularly the protagonist. And the tougher job is when you decide to pick up a newcomer to play the title role instead of an established star.'
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet Today
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' Movie Review: First Day, First Show
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Post Surgical Strike, PM Modi to Chair Cabinet Committee on Security Meeting
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits
- Indian Army's Surgical Strike Across LoC Was Carefully Measured: Experts
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob