Sudipta Sen, 2 others sent to jail custody till June 3
Sudipta Sen was produced in connection with a case where an agent of the chit fund company, lodged a complaint of cheating against him.
Canning (WB): Sudipta Sen, the chairman of Saradha Group, which allegedly defrauded thousands of small investors, and two others, were on Tuesday sent to judicial custody till June 3 in cases related to cheating by a court at Baruipur in South 24 Parganas district.
Sudipta Sen along with Saradha director Debjani Mukherjee and Arvind Singh Chouhan, who looked after the group's operations in Jharkhand, were produced before the court of Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate Debdip Manna who sent them to judicial custody.
Sen was produced in connection with a case where an agent of the chit fund company, Manik Chakraborty, lodged a complaint of cheating at Joynagar police station. Five other complaints of cheating lodged in the police stations of Joynagar, Baruipur and Sonarpur have been pending against him, the police said.
Sen, Mukherjee and Chouhan, were arrested from Sonamarg in Kashmir valley on April 24 while they were on the run.
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Maruti Suzuki's 'MS Dhoni Inspired' Alto and Alto K10 Special Edition Unveiled
- Supreme Court Quashes Criminal Case Against MS Dhoni
- PCB Refuses to Comment On BCCI President's statement on Indo-Pak Cricket Ties
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- 1st ODI: Azam, Nawaz Star as Pakistan Thrash West Indies