Sudipta Sen, 2 others sent to jail custody till June 3
Sudipta Sen was produced in connection with a case where an agent of the chit fund company, lodged a complaint of cheating against him.
Canning (WB): Sudipta Sen, the chairman of Saradha Group, which allegedly defrauded thousands of small investors, and two others, were on Tuesday sent to judicial custody till June 3 in cases related to cheating by a court at Baruipur in South 24 Parganas district.
Sudipta Sen along with Saradha director Debjani Mukherjee and Arvind Singh Chouhan, who looked after the group's operations in Jharkhand, were produced before the court of Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate Debdip Manna who sent them to judicial custody.
Sen was produced in connection with a case where an agent of the chit fund company, Manik Chakraborty, lodged a complaint of cheating at Joynagar police station. Five other complaints of cheating lodged in the police stations of Joynagar, Baruipur and Sonarpur have been pending against him, the police said.
Sen, Mukherjee and Chouhan, were arrested from Sonamarg in Kashmir valley on April 24 while they were on the run.
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank
- PM Nawaz Sharif has Become Security Risk for Pakistan, Says Imran Khan
- Misbah-ul-Haq Disappointed at West Indian Downfall
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official