DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Suicide bombers attack Afghan police base, 5 officers dead
The attack occurred on the second day of a visit to Kabul by US Secretary of State John Kerry.
Kabul: Afghan police say eight suicide bombers have attacked one of their headquarters in the eastern city of Jalalabad, killing five officers and wounding four. Nangarhar provincial police chief Mohammad Sharif Amin says one insurgent in a bomb-laden car detonated his vehicle in front of the Jalalabad Police Quick Reaction Force on Tuesday.
His spokesman says another seven wearing bomb vests then attacked the compound, with three blowing themselves up inside the compound and another four shot by police during a gunfight that lasted more than an hour.
Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid claimed responsibility for the attack. The attack occurred on the second day of a visit to Kabul by US Secretary of State John Kerry. Jalalabad is the capital of Nangarhar province, about 120 kilometers east of Kabul.
Recommended For You
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish