Suicides by Farmers: SC Seeks Response From Centre, States
The Supreme Court on Friday sought responses from the Centre, state governments, union territories and the RBI to examine the likely reasons behind suicides by farmers.
The Supreme Court of India (Reuters).
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday sought responses from the Centre, state governments, union territories and the RBI to examine the likely reasons behind suicides by farmers.
A bench comprising Chief Justice J S Khehar and Justice N V Ramana asked them to respond within four weeks.
The bench said that it is a "sensitive matter" of larger public interest involving farmers throughout the country.
The court was hearing a plea filed by NGO Citizens Resource and Action and Initiative on issues related to farmers.
Recommended For You
- Protests Against Padmavati Rage at Chittorgarh Fort, Shots Fired in Air
- Bigg Boss 11: Bandagi Kalra's Father Hospitalised After Her Excessive PDA with Puneesh Sharma Inside the House?
- Tesla Semi Electric Truck Unveiled, Gets Electric Range of 800 Km
- Sakshi Malik Wants to Emulate Inspirational Sushil Kumar’s Olympic Achievements
- OnePlus 5T Launch Set For Tonight: Here's What The Bezel-Less Smartphone Will Offer