Sujoy Ghosh plans 'Jhankaar Beats' sequel
After the success of 'Jhankaar Beats' in 2003, Sujoy Ghosh is now ready with a story for the sequel.
Mumbai: Sujoy Ghosh, who started his career with the hit film 'Jhankaar Beats' in 2003, now plans to make a sequel to the musical. He says he has a story in place and will make it with the same cast.
"We wanted to make a sequel from quite some time. But now I have a story, which I would be comfortable turning into a sequel. I think 'Jhankaar Beats' was made 10 years back and in past 10 years I have gained some experience. I have seen enough life and now I can share it with you all," Ghosh told IANS.
"I am ready with the story. Once I am done with 'Kahaani', I will focus on the sequel of 'Jhankaar Beats'," added the director who is busy promoting Vidya Balan starrer 'Kahaani', which is coming out March 9.
'Jhankaar Beats', a small budget film, boasted of a wonderful cast - Juhi Chawla, Sanjay Suri, Rahul Bose, Rinke Khanna, Riya Sen and Shayan Munshi - and their good performance complemented Ghosh's storytelling technique and made it a good watch.
Ghosh plans to repeat the same cast for the sequel.
"It has to be the same star cast for the sequel. However, for the sequel I want to stick to more of life and less music. You can't escape life," he said.
In the original, the focus was on music as it was a tribute to legendary composer Rahul Dev Burman.
Recommended For You
- Would Choose Margarita With a Straw Over Any Big Budget Film: Sayani Gupta
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Coldplay- Chainsmokers Collaboration is Here and We Expected Something Just Like This
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models