Sukhbir Singh Badal approves revised Amritsar Master Plan
Badal asked various departments to fine-tune the Rs 188 crore plan to widen main roads of Amritsar.
Amritsar: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Friday approved the revised City Master Plan that aims to transform Amritsar into a world class city. Badal made a detailed review of all projects after he was given presentations by PWD, Municipal Corporation, Water Supply and Sanitation, Tourism and other departments regarding the progress of their ongoing projects.
He expressed displeasure when he learnt that two agencies have laid parallel sewerage lines wasting crore of rupees. Badal asked the municipal corporation to opt for the Chandigarh civic model. The SAD-BJP government is committed to modernising Amritsar and adjoining areas by executing the development projects worth Rs 1,668 crore in next two years, he said.
Badal asked various departments to fine-tune the Rs 188 crore plan to widen main roads of Amritsar. Later, the Punjab Deputy Chief Minister also reviewed the progress of the work on the plaza of the Golden Temple. He asked authorities to ensure its completion by Diwali. Badal along with his wife and Bathinda MP Harsimrat Kaur paid obeisance at the Golden Temple.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology