Sunanda Pushkar's death: What happened
The incident comes just 24 hours after she was involved in a verbal spat with Pakistani columnist Mehr Tarar.
New Delhi: Sunanda Pushkar Tharoor, wife of Union Minister Shashi Tharoor, was found dead at a five-star Leela Palace Hotel in Delhi on Friday night. Delhi Police sources say it could be a case of suicide. She was found dead in room number 345 of Leela Palace Hotel.
The events before her death:
*She was staying at Leela Palace because her house was under renovation.
*She was last seen in the lobby at 3 PM, today.
*Shashi Tharoor found her dead after he returned from the Congress session at 8 PM.
*Some reports say house keeping staff alerted the management at 7 PM.
*Shashi Tharoor's Personal Secretary Abhinav Kumar says there were no sign of foul play. He has suggested a suicide.
*She was suffering from TB
*She was also suffering from depression'
*SDM inquiry ordered. SDM Vasant Vihar to probe the death.
*Delhi police say they are conducting a scientific investigation.
*Body has been taken for postmortem.
*Once the postmortem is done, the cause of the death will be known.
*The Forensic team is at the spot.
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir