Sunanda Pushkar's death: What happened
The incident comes just 24 hours after she was involved in a verbal spat with Pakistani columnist Mehr Tarar.
New Delhi: Sunanda Pushkar Tharoor, wife of Union Minister Shashi Tharoor, was found dead at a five-star Leela Palace Hotel in Delhi on Friday night. Delhi Police sources say it could be a case of suicide. She was found dead in room number 345 of Leela Palace Hotel.
The events before her death:
*She was staying at Leela Palace because her house was under renovation.
*She was last seen in the lobby at 3 PM, today.
*Shashi Tharoor found her dead after he returned from the Congress session at 8 PM.
*Some reports say house keeping staff alerted the management at 7 PM.
*Shashi Tharoor's Personal Secretary Abhinav Kumar says there were no sign of foul play. He has suggested a suicide.
*She was suffering from TB
*She was also suffering from depression'
*SDM inquiry ordered. SDM Vasant Vihar to probe the death.
*Delhi police say they are conducting a scientific investigation.
*Body has been taken for postmortem.
*Once the postmortem is done, the cause of the death will be known.
*The Forensic team is at the spot.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion