2G: Sunil Mittal, Ravi Ruia to appear before SC today
It has been alleged that Airtel was allotted extra spectrum during the NDA regime by the then telecom minister Pramod Mahajan.
New Delhi: Bharti Cellular Ltd CMD Sunil Bharti Mittal and Essar Group promoter Ravi Ruia will appear in the Supreme Court on Thursday to challenge a special 2G court summons issued to them. It has been alleged that Airtel was allotted extra spectrum during the NDA regime by the then telecom minister Pramod Mahajan.
Mittal and the CBI's lawyers will argue on Thursday on whether the summons should stand. A bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir had earlier said it was extending its order of postponing the hearing against them in the Special CBI court which will take up the matter on April 22.
Mittal and Ruia earlier this week appeared in a Delhi court in connection with the additional 2G spectrum allocation case and furnished personal bonds in pursuance of the Supreme Court's direction. Both the accused placed on record the apex court's order and submitted separate personal bonds.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- Resolve Differences Through Diplomacy: US to India, Pakistan
- India vs New Zealand: Team India Arrives in Kolkata For Second Test
- Eden Track Will Not Turn Much, Says Sourav Ganguly
- India Accounts for 75% of Casualties Due to Air Pollution: WHO