Superheroes, Bond, hobbits vie for effects Oscar
James Bond, Snow White and a whole lot of hobbits are in the running for the visual-effects prize at the Oscars.
Los Angeles: James Bond, Snow White and a whole lot of hobbits and superheroes are in the running for the visual-effects prize at the Academy Awards.
The superhero blockbusters 'The Avengers', 'The Dark Knight Rises' and 'The Amazing Spider-Man' are among 10 films that made the cut for visual-effects nominations for the Oscars on February 24.
The other seven contenders announced Thursday include the Bond adventure 'Skyfall,' 'Snow White and the Huntsman,' 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,' 'Cloud Atlas,' 'John Carter,' 'Life of Pi' and 'Prometheus.'
Members of the academy's visual-effects branch will view 10-minute excerpts from each of the films on January 3, and then pick five nominees for the Oscars.
Nominations for the 85th Oscars will be announced January 10.
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar