Superheroes, Bond, hobbits vie for effects Oscar
James Bond, Snow White and a whole lot of hobbits are in the running for the visual-effects prize at the Oscars.
Los Angeles: James Bond, Snow White and a whole lot of hobbits and superheroes are in the running for the visual-effects prize at the Academy Awards.
The superhero blockbusters 'The Avengers', 'The Dark Knight Rises' and 'The Amazing Spider-Man' are among 10 films that made the cut for visual-effects nominations for the Oscars on February 24.
The other seven contenders announced Thursday include the Bond adventure 'Skyfall,' 'Snow White and the Huntsman,' 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,' 'Cloud Atlas,' 'John Carter,' 'Life of Pi' and 'Prometheus.'
Members of the academy's visual-effects branch will view 10-minute excerpts from each of the films on January 3, and then pick five nominees for the Oscars.
Nominations for the 85th Oscars will be announced January 10.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards
- Afghanistan Pacer Shapoor Zadran in Mumbai, Wants to Meet SRK