'Superhumans like the X-Men will exist in 30 years'
Advancements in gene technology could lead to a class of genetically superior humans by 2045, a two-day summit reported.
London: The iconic X-Men superheroes may soon spring out of comic books and become a reality! Genetic experiments will create a superior race within 30 years, giving rise to super-humans like the X-Men by 2045, UK scientists claim. Mutant humans like Wolverine, Storm and Rogue from the X-Men movies are possible, scientists told a Ministry of Defence (MOD) think-tank in UK.
"Advancements in gene technology could lead to a class of genetically superior humans by 2045," a two-day summit to predict the future reported.
"Human augmentation is likely to increase over the next 30 years. Discussions highlighted that it is possible that advances in biology, unequally shared across society, could generate genetic inequality," it said.
The MoD's obscure Development Concepts and Doctrine Centre met last summer, with experts from universities, industry and government and details from the meeting are awaited, 'The Sun' reported.
The X-Men first appeared in Marvel comics in the 1960s, fighting evil mutants. It led to the hit films, with Hugh Jackman, 44, playing Wolverine.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology