DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Supply fertilisers for Kharif Crop: Naveen
BHUBANESWAR: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik demanded provision of required chemical fertilisers for the State for the ongoing khari..
BHUBANESWAR: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik demanded provision of required chemical fertilisers for the State for the ongoing kharif by the Centre.
In a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the Chief Minister said supply of chemical fertilisers to the State during the first four months of this year was not satisfactory. Against the requirement of 1.8 lakh tonnes of urea, the supply was 1.64 lakh tonnes, Naveen said.
Similarly, the supply of MOP has been 48,673.6 tonnes against the requirement of 69,500 tonnes. Besides, supply of DAP was 56,099 tonnes against the requirement of 1,05,000 tonnes.
Naveen said mismanagement in the supply of fertilisers is likely to affect production and has requested the intervention of the Prime Minister in the interest of the farmers of the State.
Naveen said Orissa was going to be awarded by the Centre among the grade-II states for high food production.
He sought the cooperation of the Prime Minister to encourage farmers of the State to further increase foodgrain production.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Video - Remembering Nicky Hayden, the Nicest Man in Grand Prix Racing