Suraj Pancholi's judicial custody extended till July 11
A Mumbai court extended the judicial custody of Suraj Pancholi, charged with abetting the suicide of Jiah Khan.
Mumbai: A Mumbai court Thursday extended the judicial custody of Sooraj Pancholi, charged with abetting the suicide of Bollywood actress Nafisa alias Jiah Khan, till July 11.
Pancholi, 22, son of actor couple Aditya Pancholi and Zarina Wahab, was produced before the Andheir magistrate after the expiry of his judicial custody in the morning.
At the hearing, the police prosecutor opposed Sooraj's bail plea on grounds that the probe into Jiah's case was at a critical state and his release on bail could hamper investigations.
On Wednesday, Sooraj had moved the Bombay High Court for bail after his earlier bail pleas were rejected both by the magistrate court and the Sessions Court.
He will continue to be lodged in the Arthur Road Central Jail till his bail plea comes up.
On June 3, Jiah, 25, was found hanging in her flat in Juhu area here.
Sooraj was nabbed after a note written by Jiah blamed him for the suicide.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology