Local politician murdered, Surat tense
Surat's Mangrol district is tense after the death of local politician Jasubhai.
New Delhi: Surat's Mangrol district is tense after the death of local politician Jasubhai.
An agitated crowd set fire to shops and vehicles on Wednesday morning. Jasubhai's supporters allege that he was killed by members of a rival group.
The leader was on his way to a nearby village when a few men attacked him.
The police have deployed additional troops in the area to bring the situation under control.
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18