DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Surat gangrape: VHP workers detained ahead of bandh
The bandh is in connection to the gangrape of a teenage girl on June 12.
Surat: Some Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) workers were detained ahead of Monday's 'bandh' call given by the Sangh Parivar outfit to protest the gangrape of a teenager here, police said.
"Some VHP workers have been detained as a precautionary measure," Joint commissioner of police (JCP) Shamsher Singh said.
The VHP, however, alleged that police arrested 50 of its members, including city unit secretary Utkarsh Patel and RSS leader Suresh Master, last night.
The 'bandh' has been called in connection with the abduction and gangrape of a 17-year-old girl on June 12.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande