Surat gangrape: VHP workers detained ahead of bandh
The bandh is in connection to the gangrape of a teenage girl on June 12.
Surat: Some Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) workers were detained ahead of Monday's 'bandh' call given by the Sangh Parivar outfit to protest the gangrape of a teenager here, police said.
"Some VHP workers have been detained as a precautionary measure," Joint commissioner of police (JCP) Shamsher Singh said.
The VHP, however, alleged that police arrested 50 of its members, including city unit secretary Utkarsh Patel and RSS leader Suresh Master, last night.
The 'bandh' has been called in connection with the abduction and gangrape of a 17-year-old girl on June 12.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310 to be Launched Under Rs 5000: Here is How it Will Look
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology