Two arrested for alleged rape of minor in Surat
The two accused abducted and raped the 14-year-old victim.
Surat: Two persons have been arrested for alleged abduction and rape of a minor girl in Surat, police said on Wednesday.
The duo identified as Vishnu Chauhan and Kanti Chauhan had allegedly abducted and raped the 14-year-old victim on June 18 after drugging her, according to the complaint filed by the maternal uncle of the girl, on Tuesday evening.
The girl, hailing from Anand district, apparently had a relationship with Vishnu, police said. When her parents came to know about them, they sent the girl to her uncle's place in Surat, they said.
Vishnu and his friend Kanti followed the girl to Surat and abducted her before surrendering at the Sojitara police station in Anand district a few days ago, police said.
The girl along with both the accused were sent for a medical examination on Tuesday and their reports are awaited, police added.PAGE_BREAK
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Pakistani Artistes Are Not Terrorists, They Have Visas, Says Salman Khan
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution