Suriya, Karthi fans to observe fast for Sri Lankan Tamils
However, both the actors who are currently busy shooting for their upcoming Tamil films, are unlikely to join the fast.
Chennai: Members of the fans associations of Tamil actors Suriya and Karthi are observing a fast on Sunday across Tamil Nadu against the reported genocide of Tamils in Sri Lanka.
"Fans' associations of actors Suriya and Karthi are going to observe one day fast for Tamil Eelam on March 31 (Sunday) in Chennai and all over Tamil Nadu," a statement said.
Suriya and Karthi, currently busy shooting for their upcoming Tamil films, are unlikely to join the fast.
However, they are expected to join the Tamil film industry when it will observe a day long hunger strike on April 2 in support of Sri Lankan Tamils. Actors such as Ajith Kumar, Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth are likely to participate in the fast.
- Barack Obama Trolls Donald Trump Over 'Mean Tweet' on Late Night TV
- Indian-American Governors Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley Insulted by Trump
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- 21 Maoists Killed in Encounter on Andhra Pradesh-Odisha Border
- Dear Zindagi: SRK Asks Alia Bhatt to Crack Better Jokes in the New Teaser