Wrestler Sushil Kumar in deadlock with federation
The Olympian wrestler refused to travel with the Indian team to America.
New Delhi: In a surprising move the Wrestling Federation of India has sent a show cause notice to Olympic bronze medalist Sushil Kumar.
The reason given by the federation is that the Olympian wrestler refused to travel with the Indian team to America for a wrestling tournament.
The federation says Sushil Kumar informed the organisation of his unavailability at the last moment and as a result of the delay they could not replace him with another wrestler.
However Sushil's coach Satpal has told CNN-IBN that the federation is over-reacting while the truth is that Sushil had injured himself during the nationals. Satpal said that Sushil decided to skip the tournament on the advice of his doctor.
The federation however, has given Sushil a 15-day period to file a reply and says that it will not hesitate to take disciplinary action against the wrester.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets