DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Wrestler Sushil Kumar in deadlock with federation
The Olympian wrestler refused to travel with the Indian team to America.
New Delhi: In a surprising move the Wrestling Federation of India has sent a show cause notice to Olympic bronze medalist Sushil Kumar.
The reason given by the federation is that the Olympian wrestler refused to travel with the Indian team to America for a wrestling tournament.
The federation says Sushil Kumar informed the organisation of his unavailability at the last moment and as a result of the delay they could not replace him with another wrestler.
However Sushil's coach Satpal has told CNN-IBN that the federation is over-reacting while the truth is that Sushil had injured himself during the nationals. Satpal said that Sushil decided to skip the tournament on the advice of his doctor.
The federation however, has given Sushil a 15-day period to file a reply and says that it will not hesitate to take disciplinary action against the wrester.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes