Wrestler Sushil Kumar in deadlock with federation
The Olympian wrestler refused to travel with the Indian team to America.
New Delhi: In a surprising move the Wrestling Federation of India has sent a show cause notice to Olympic bronze medalist Sushil Kumar.
The reason given by the federation is that the Olympian wrestler refused to travel with the Indian team to America for a wrestling tournament.
The federation says Sushil Kumar informed the organisation of his unavailability at the last moment and as a result of the delay they could not replace him with another wrestler.
However Sushil's coach Satpal has told CNN-IBN that the federation is over-reacting while the truth is that Sushil had injured himself during the nationals. Satpal said that Sushil decided to skip the tournament on the advice of his doctor.
The federation however, has given Sushil a 15-day period to file a reply and says that it will not hesitate to take disciplinary action against the wrester.
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- Digvijay Favours Dialogue With Pakistan, Insists Artists to Work in Cross Border Films
- AASU Threatens to Foil BJP's Move to Extend Citizenship to Minority Communities From Pak, Bangladesh
- 2nd Test: West Indies Crumble After Misbah-ul-Haq's Near Miss
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check