Sushma Swaraj demands probe into PAC report leak
She dismissed as 'baseless' allegations levelled against PAC Chairman Murli Manohar Joshi.
Mangalore: Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj on Saturday demanded a probe into the leak of the draft report of PAC on the 2G spectrum scam, to the media.
"The government should order an inquiry to find out the source behind the leakage of Public Accounts Committee report," the senior BJP leader told reporters here.
She dismissed as 'baseless' allegations levelled against PAC Chairman Murli Manohar Joshi that he was responsible for the leakage of the report to the media.
The draft report was rejected by 11 of the 21-member PAC on April 28 amid chaos after UPA representatives and one each of BSP and SP voted against it before Joshi walked out.
Seven Congress MPs, supported by two from DMK, had opposed the report which was sharply critical of Prime Minister, his office and others. They alleged it had been 'outsourced' and attacked Joshi seeking to put him in the dock over the leak.
The government, Swaraj charged, was not following transparency in the on-going probe into 2G spectrum scam and accused it of attempts to hide the truth.
She criticised the Union Government for its neglect towards solving problems of fishermen.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement