Sushmita Sen returning to films by the end of 2012
The 36-year-old former Miss Universe was last seen in the 2010 box office dud 'No Problem'.
Gurgaon: She has been missing from the big screen for over two years now but actress Sushmita Sen says she will be returning to movies soon. The 36-year-old former Miss Universe was last seen in the 2010 box office dud 'No Problem' and the actress says she did not take up movies after that because she was busy with her beauty pageant organisation, I Am She, which she started in 2010.
"Himangini Singh Yadu from our organisation just won Miss Asia Pacific award and so I am a bit relaxed now and can go back to doing movies. I have signed few projects so by the end of this or next year you will see me in a film," said Sen, who was here to attend Planman Media's Powerbrands Hall of Fame awards last night.
The 'Biwi No 1' star also talked about her most ambitious project 'Jhansi Ki Rani' saying the film is still on hold and she will start working on it when she has the right budget.
"'Jhansi Ki Rani' is on hold. I will make it only when I get the right budget. It's a story which is important to me and I will make it when the time is right," she added.
Sen announced plans to produce and direct 'Jhansi Ki Rani' in 2007 but since then the movie has been on hold.
The actress is a single mother and raises two adopted daughters Renee and Alisah. "From being a mother of two to running I Am She and my entire film production house is a daunting task... My daughters keep me on my toes because one is going to turn 13 and the other one 3," Sen added.
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed