Suspect in attacks on Bengal journalists arrested in Bihar
A state police team has reached Bihar and would move an East Champaran district court to get the accused on transit remand.
Kolkata: The prime suspect in the recent attacks on two journalists from Bengali news channels in North 24 Parganas district was arrested from Bihar on Thursday, police said. Shibu Yadav was nabbed from East Champaran district, state police sources said.
A state police team has reached Bihar and would move an East Champaran district court to get him on transit remand.
The two journalists are still hospitalised with multiple injuries after they were badly beaten up June 7 while covering a clash allegedly between two rival factions of the Trinamool Congress in Barrackpore, some 25 km from Kolkata.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India