Suspect in attacks on Bengal journalists arrested in Bihar
A state police team has reached Bihar and would move an East Champaran district court to get the accused on transit remand.
Kolkata: The prime suspect in the recent attacks on two journalists from Bengali news channels in North 24 Parganas district was arrested from Bihar on Thursday, police said. Shibu Yadav was nabbed from East Champaran district, state police sources said.
A state police team has reached Bihar and would move an East Champaran district court to get him on transit remand.
The two journalists are still hospitalised with multiple injuries after they were badly beaten up June 7 while covering a clash allegedly between two rival factions of the Trinamool Congress in Barrackpore, some 25 km from Kolkata.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa