Suspect in attacks on Bengal journalists arrested in Bihar
A state police team has reached Bihar and would move an East Champaran district court to get the accused on transit remand.
Kolkata: The prime suspect in the recent attacks on two journalists from Bengali news channels in North 24 Parganas district was arrested from Bihar on Thursday, police said. Shibu Yadav was nabbed from East Champaran district, state police sources said.
A state police team has reached Bihar and would move an East Champaran district court to get him on transit remand.
The two journalists are still hospitalised with multiple injuries after they were badly beaten up June 7 while covering a clash allegedly between two rival factions of the Trinamool Congress in Barrackpore, some 25 km from Kolkata.
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting