'Suspect package' found at Manchester airport terminal
Police said an explosive ordinance disposal team were called "as a precaution".
London: An airport terminal in Manchester was closed and evacuated on Monday after a 'suspect package' was found, airport officials said. The Terminal 1 was closed at 8.15 am but police said the security alert was now over, with the terminal fully reopening at 12.15 pm, BBC reported.
An airport spokesman said incoming and outgoing flights were continuing as normal. Police said an explosive ordinance disposal team were called "as a precaution".
"I got to the airport, they started my check-in, my bag was on the belt and suddenly they said 'I'm sorry, you're going to have your bag back as we are being evacuated'," Alexina Evans, a passenger due to fly to Madeira from Manchester, said. It was not immediately clear what were the contents of the package.
- Amar Singh Got Akhilesh Story Planted in Newspaper: Ashu Malik
- SP's Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like if it Splits
- Watch: Akhilesh vs Shivpal Figth Over Amar Singh
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Legendary Punjabi Actor Mehar Mittal Passes Away
- Army Officials Reject Raj Thackeray's Welfare Fund Proposal
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control