'Suspect package' found at Manchester airport terminal
Police said an explosive ordinance disposal team were called "as a precaution".
London: An airport terminal in Manchester was closed and evacuated on Monday after a 'suspect package' was found, airport officials said. The Terminal 1 was closed at 8.15 am but police said the security alert was now over, with the terminal fully reopening at 12.15 pm, BBC reported.
An airport spokesman said incoming and outgoing flights were continuing as normal. Police said an explosive ordinance disposal team were called "as a precaution".
"I got to the airport, they started my check-in, my bag was on the belt and suddenly they said 'I'm sorry, you're going to have your bag back as we are being evacuated'," Alexina Evans, a passenger due to fly to Madeira from Manchester, said. It was not immediately clear what were the contents of the package.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Zlatan Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory