Dalit girl sexually assaulted for trying to attend college
The girl demanded death penalty for rapists. 'Such men should be hanged. They should be punished severely,' she said.
New Delhi: Even as nationwide protests are held over the horrific assault and gangrape of a 23-year-old physiotherapist in Delhi, a 19-year-old Dalit student from Alwar has alleged that she was sexually assaulted by upper caste men for trying to attend college. She struggled for a month to get an FIR registered and is still waiting for justice after a year.
Speaking to CNN-IBN, the girl said, "Such men should be hanged. They should be punished severely so that such things are never repeated."
"The boys used to tease me and then one day they abducted me. I was told if I told anyone anything they'd do the same thing to me that they did to Bhanwari Devi and my body would never be found. The incident occurred a year ago. I have met all the authorities but I still haven't got justice," she added.
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Iraqi Forces Prepare to Retake Key Areas in Mosul
- Liberation of Mosul Must be Followed by Dialogue: UN
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 1 in Abu Dhabi
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: Faizal Saari Scores as Malaysia stun Pakistan