Swine flu death toll rises to 27
Ahmedabad: A 37-year-old woman became the third victim of swine flu in Gujarat.
Though she died on August 13, her death due to the virus was confirmed by the private hospital - where she was admitted - on Monday, health department officials said.
Anandi Patel was a resident of Vastral locality in Ahmedabad and was admitted to a private hospital in Maninagar. She died on August 13.
Her samples for the swine flu test were sent when she was admitted to the hospital, but the reports arrived as a positive case of swine flu on August 16 - three days after her death, a senior health department official said.
He said that the Gujarat government has now decided to take action against the private hospital for not reporting the death of the woman on time to the appropriate authorities in the government.
The other two people who have died of swine flu were a 52-year-old NRI Pravin Patel in Ahmedabad and a seven-year-old girl named Arya in Vadodara last week.
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton