DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Swine flu death toll rises to 27
Ahmedabad: A 37-year-old woman became the third victim of swine flu in Gujarat.
Though she died on August 13, her death due to the virus was confirmed by the private hospital - where she was admitted - on Monday, health department officials said.
Anandi Patel was a resident of Vastral locality in Ahmedabad and was admitted to a private hospital in Maninagar. She died on August 13.
Her samples for the swine flu test were sent when she was admitted to the hospital, but the reports arrived as a positive case of swine flu on August 16 - three days after her death, a senior health department official said.
He said that the Gujarat government has now decided to take action against the private hospital for not reporting the death of the woman on time to the appropriate authorities in the government.
The other two people who have died of swine flu were a 52-year-old NRI Pravin Patel in Ahmedabad and a seven-year-old girl named Arya in Vadodara last week.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet