Swipe Telecom launches first 3D tablet in India
The 3D Life Tab X74 runs Android 4.03 OS and has a 7-inch capacitive touchscreen.
Mumbai: California-based Swipe Telecom launched a range of tablets, including the country's "first 3D tablet". The tablets are priced in the range of Rs 5,999 to Rs 8,999. The one with phone facility is priced at Rs 8,999.
The 3D Life Tab X74 runs Android 4.03 OS and has a 7-inch capacitive touchscreen. The 3D tablet has 512MB DDR3. The tablet has an internal storage space of 4GB (can be expanded to 8GB/16GB). It has a 3400mAh battery.
The company claims that these are the fastest and lightest devices in the category. Swipe Telecom Founder and Chief executive Shripal Gandhi said the dometic tablet PC market was 0.95 million units or Rs 2,200 crore in value last year, but is expected to touch 2.2 million units this year.
The US, the largest tablet market with 20.9 million units sold in 2011, is projected to sell more than twice as much, at 42.5 million, this year. Europe is expected to witness sale of 28.7 million tablets this year.
Co-founder and Chief Financial Officer Aman Gupta said the company is backed by Mantra Ventures with commitment of USD 10 million, and is also in discussion with other PEs for an additional USD 20 million.
Mantra Ventures has a portfolio consisting of companies in the real estate, KPO, BPO and healthcare.
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- OnePlus Diwali Dash Sale Live: Win OnePlus 3 at Re 1
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- BJP Terms Family Feud in Samajwadi Party as 'Fixed Match'
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Shivpal Yadav Vacates Official Residence
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Akhilesh Briefs Governor on Political Crisis
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh