Swiss Embassy calls for swift probe in gangrape
Swiss Ambassador Linus von Castelmur has already spoken to the survivor and assured her of all help.
New Delhi: Distressed over gangrape of its national in Madhya Pradesh, Switzerland on Saturday sought a "swift" investigation into the incident so that the victim gets justice. Strongly reacting to the incident in which the Swiss citizen was gangraped by seven to eight persons on Friday night, the embassy here said the health and treatment of the survivor was the priority for them at the moment.
The Swiss embassy also got in touch with authorities in Madhya Pradesh and requested for speedy probe into the incident. Swiss Ambassador Linus von Castelmur has already spoken to the survivor and assured her of all help.
"The Embassy is most distressed with the gangrape of a Swiss national in Madhya Pradesh. The Ambassador has been able to speak to the victim and her partner and has assured them of all possible support. Their health and treatment is the priority of the moment. The embassy has also been in touch with the local authorities and has requested for swift investigation and for justice to be done," the Swiss embassy said in a statement.
The 39-year-old Swiss female tourist on a cycling trip with her husband was gangraped by seven to eight people at a forest area in Datia district of Madhya Pradesh Friday night, police said. The incident took place at Jharia village, eight km near Datia town, at around 9 pm.
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Gauhar Khan Joins Badrinath Ki Dulhania Cast