DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Swiss man who infected 16 people with HIV sent to jail
The man, who hasn't been identified because of Swiss privacy laws, denied the charges.
Geneva: A court in Switzerland has found a self-styled acupuncturist guilty of intentionally infecting 16 people with HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. A regional court in the canton (state) of Bern said the man was sentenced Friday to 12 years and 9 months in prison.
Prosecutors had asked for a 15-year sentence for causing serious bodily harm and spreading human diseases. They accused him of using various pretexts to prick his victims with a needle and infect them with HIV between 2001 and 2005.
The man, who hasn't been identified because of Swiss privacy laws, denied the charges. Court spokesman Rene Graf says the verdict can be appealed.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?