Swiss woman gangrape: No arrests so far
Shivraj Chouhan is under pressure to act swiftly. The BJP-ruled state accounts for the highest numbers of rape cases in India.
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Police has failed to arrest anyone so far in the Swiss national gangrape case. More than 36 hours have passed since the incident, and the police has only managed to detain 13 men. They are currently being questioned.
The Swiss woman and her husband were attacked on Friday night by a group of men on the outskirts of a village in Datia district. She and her husband were on a cycling trip from Mumbai to Agra, and had camped there for the night.
Meanwhile, another woman was gangraped by three men in a bus in Indore.
The pressure is building on the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government. The BJP-ruled state accounts for the highest numbers of rape cases in India.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology