Swiss woman gangrape: No arrests so far
Shivraj Chouhan is under pressure to act swiftly. The BJP-ruled state accounts for the highest numbers of rape cases in India.
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Police has failed to arrest anyone so far in the Swiss national gangrape case. More than 36 hours have passed since the incident, and the police has only managed to detain 13 men. They are currently being questioned.
The Swiss woman and her husband were attacked on Friday night by a group of men on the outskirts of a village in Datia district. She and her husband were on a cycling trip from Mumbai to Agra, and had camped there for the night.
Meanwhile, another woman was gangraped by three men in a bus in Indore.
The pressure is building on the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government. The BJP-ruled state accounts for the highest numbers of rape cases in India.
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Samajwadi Party is United, No Rift Family: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity: Ram Gopal Yadav
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
- Pakistan to Stage 'Fly-In, Fly-Out' T20 Final in Lahore