Swiss Timing officials were close to Kalmadi: CBI
OC Secretary General Lalit Bhanot and former Director General V K Verma were also close to them said CBI.
New Delhi: The authorised representatives of Swiss Timing, which had bagged the TSR contract for CWG 2010 were close to sacked OC chairman Suresh Kalmadi long before the CWG 2010 and had maneuvered TSR contract in favour of the Swiss firm, CBI has said in its charge sheet.
In its first charge sheet indicting Kalmadi and ten others, CBI has said the two officials Anil Madan and Purushottam Dev Arya of Gem International, the authorised representatives of 'Swiss Timing', which was "fradulently" awarded the TSR contract, were personally known to Kalmadi long before the mega sporting event.
CBI has said Gem International had even obliged Kalmadi as early as October 16, 2008, by going out of the way to make a significant payment on his asking.
OC Secretary General Lalit Bhanot and former Director General V K Verma were also close to them.
"Call records show that there were telephonic contacts between them as early as February 2009," CBI said.
Swiss Timing had been engaged for providing some components of TSR services even during the Commonwealth Youth Games (CYG), 2008, when Kalmadi, Bhanot and Verma came in contact with Arya and Madan and other representatives of the Swiss firm.
CBI has in its 50-page charge sheet also said Gem International also paid over Rs 71 lakh to an event management company at the behest of Kalmadi for certain additional services pertaining to the closing ceremony of the CYG, which was authorised personally by Kalmadi over and above the main contract.
This was done without any competitive bidding process or reflection of the same in the official or financial record of the OC.
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput