Swiss woman gangrape: Chargesheet filed against six
The prosecution said it has enough forensic evidence to prove the culpability of the accused.
Datia: The Datia police have filed a chargesheet against six accused in a local court, for allegedly gangraping a Swiss woman on March 16 in a forest, the police said. It was perhaps for the first time that a chargesheet in a gangrape case was filed without any test identification parade (TIP) of the accused.
Investigation officer NS Rawat, who is also in-charge of the women's cell, said that a hundred-page chargesheet was filed on Tuesday against the accused under various sections pertaining to rape and robbery. The prosecution said that it has enough forensic evidence to prove the culpability of the accused.
The police has also claimed that it has enough scientific evidence to prove the charges against the accused. Chambal Range DIG Dilip Arya also confirmed that the chargesheet was filed in the Additional District Judge's court and the trial would begin from March 30.
The rape survivor from Switzerland was on her way to Agra from Orchha on a bicycle tour with her partner, when the incident occurred. Both were camping in an open near a forest area on her way to Agra when about half-a-dozen armed people gangraped the woman.
- Gautam Gambhir 'Nervous as a Novice' After Shock Test Recall
- Strike rate is for bowlers, not batsmen: Anil Kumble
- Pakistan Needs To Stop Terror From Its Soil: B'desh Envoy
- UN Should Consider Declaring Pakistan a Terror State: Bangladesh Envoy
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- Rahul Gandhi Visits Places of All Faiths in UP
- PM Modi Least Bothered About People, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi Enjoys 'Paan' Brought by Party Workers During Unnao Road Show