Swiss woman gangrape: Chargesheet filed against six
The prosecution said it has enough forensic evidence to prove the culpability of the accused.
Datia: The Datia police have filed a chargesheet against six accused in a local court, for allegedly gangraping a Swiss woman on March 16 in a forest, the police said. It was perhaps for the first time that a chargesheet in a gangrape case was filed without any test identification parade (TIP) of the accused.
Investigation officer NS Rawat, who is also in-charge of the women's cell, said that a hundred-page chargesheet was filed on Tuesday against the accused under various sections pertaining to rape and robbery. The prosecution said that it has enough forensic evidence to prove the culpability of the accused.
The police has also claimed that it has enough scientific evidence to prove the charges against the accused. Chambal Range DIG Dilip Arya also confirmed that the chargesheet was filed in the Additional District Judge's court and the trial would begin from March 30.
The rape survivor from Switzerland was on her way to Agra from Orchha on a bicycle tour with her partner, when the incident occurred. Both were camping in an open near a forest area on her way to Agra when about half-a-dozen armed people gangraped the woman.
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Happy That Censor Board is Standing by Us to Release 31st October: Vir Das
- Richa Chadha, Vir Das Starrer Raakh's Teaser to Release on Dussehra
- Jaguar F-Pace Launch in India on October 20, Price Starts at Rs 68.4 Lakh
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration