Swiss woman gangrape: Victim to help in probe
The Swiss Embassy thanked the Madhya Pradesh police for its cooperation.
New Delhi: The Swiss national, who was gangraped in Madhya Pradesh on March 15 has said she and her husband will continue to stay in the country for the moment while expressing readiness to fully cooperate in the ongoing investigation and identification process.
"The Embassy confirms that the victims reached New Delhi in the early hours of March 17, 2013. They were provided medical assistance on their arrival and are currently recovering. While speaking to Ambassador Linus von Castelmur the couple expressed their readiness to fully cooperate in the ongoing investigation and identification process. They will continue to stay in India for the moment," a Swiss Embassy release said.
The Embassy also thanked the Madhya Pradesh police for its cooperation.
The Swiss tourist, on a cycling trip along with her husband in Madhya Pradesh, was allegedly gang-raped at a forest area in Datia district, on the night of March 15.
Recommended For You
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song