DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Syria rebels free four abducted UN peacekeepers
Heightened violence in Syria in recent months has sparked worries that the UN mission could withdraw.
Quinetra Crossing: A UN sergeant stationed on the Golan Heights said all Filipino UN peacekeepers abducted last week have been released and are in good condition.
The peacekeeper, who gave his name as Sgt Ratton, told the reporters on Sunday that his comrades were freed at 08:30 local time. He said that all four are in good health.
Four UN peacekeepers were seized along the UN-patrolled demarcation line separating the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights and Syria on Tuesday. This incident comes two months after 21 Filipino peacekeepers were abducted and held for three days by the rebels in the same area.
Heightened violence in the area in recent months has sparked worries that the UN mission could withdraw.
Recommended For You
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Is 'Ambedkar Touch' in Kaala Poster a Political Outreach by Rajinikanth?
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%