Take action against BBMP officials
BANGALORE: After an open storm water drain claimed the life of a ragpicker on Friday, the leader of opposition in the Bruhat Benga..
BANGALORE: After an open storm water drain claimed the life of a ragpicker on Friday, the leader of opposition in the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) M Udayashankar has demanded action against the officials, who were involved in the remodeling of Kumbaragundi storm water drain near Silver Jubilee Park.
Udayashankar, in a letter written to the BBMP Commissioner, has alleged that the ragpicker lost his life because of the negligence of the BBMP officials.
He said that the area around the storm water drain was a busy commercial area and the remodelling of the storm water drain had been going on from past several months. "This has made it inconvenient of the public to move around. It is the duty of the authorities to complete the work as soon as possible. The BBMP should now wake up to avoid such accidents in future," he said.
Udayashankar further alleged that although the matter was brought to the notice of the officials concerned by the local councillors it was ignored by the officials.
Recommended For You
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Oscars 2017: La La Land, Moonlight or Lion; Who's Bollywood Rooting for?
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game