'Talaash' is based on a real-life incident: Zoya
Little do people know that the climax of Talaash takes its cue from a real-life incident involving Zoya Akhtar.
Mumbai: The suspense of 'Talaash' has taken everyone by surprise. But little do people know that the climax of the film takes its cue from a real-life incident involving writer Zoya Akhtar.
Zoya reveals it was this experience that gave birth to the idea of 'Talaash'.
"I had an experience which I could not explain to myself and to others while I was on my way back from a south Mumbai party spot," Zoya said in a statement.
"It was near Haji Ali. All six of us, who were travelling went through this. And this experience which I went through, became the vital ingredient of the story of 'Talaash'. I spoke to Reema (Kagti) about this and it became the initial trigger point of the script that we wrote together," she added.
Directed by Kagti, the film has opened with rave reviews. It also features Aamir Khan, Rani Mukerji and Kareena Kapoor.
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM